Responsible investment exposure
Russell Investments offers a unique suite of customised portfolio services tools and solutions to build discreet exposures that reflect your organisation’s investment beliefs.
We combine our extensive research in beta exposures; a deep understanding of risk; and world-leading implementation to customise the solution to your policy requirements.
Practical investment solutions tailored to meet your needs
We work with clients to implement responsible investment practices across their portfolios, including
- Policy development and advice: Our consultants guide and advise clients to determine the appropriate ‘value versus values’ balance that reflects an organisation’s goals for their portfolios.
- Exclusion screens: A number of our clients seek to exclude companies and/or industries from their portfolios e.g. fossil fuel exposure. We can provide investment screens based on the characteristics you wish to vett from your portfolio to remove concerns for specific securities.
- ESG portfolio management: Sustainalytics, a leading third-party ESG data provider, currently provides ESG data to Russell Investments and our clients on approximately 3,500 securities globally. Integrated with manager holdings and market data, this powerful analytical and reporting tool monitors ESG factors within our own portfolios and those of our clients on an ongoing basis. The research also allows clients to tilt their portfolios to higher scored companies, exclude bottom quartiles, or tailor to specific requirements.
- Enhanced index exposure: We can apply tailored portfolio tilting to positively invest in companies with specific traits e.g. low carbon, or strong ESG characteristics across an enhanced passive exposure.
- Proxy voting: Russell Investments' investment management team operates a comprehensive Proxy Voting Policy to ensure that we discharge the ownership responsibilities that clients have delegated to us in a way that is consistent, responsible and effective. Our proxy service provider - Glass Lewis & Co - conducts corporate governance research, including in-depth analysis of shareholder meeting agenda items and associated vote recommendations.