Russell Investments Exchange Traded Funds
How to invest in ETFs
Buying and selling ETFs
Investing in ETFs is easy. ETFs are traded on stock exchanges such as the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX), so it's exactly like buying or selling shares. ETFs give you the ability to diversify across an asset class in one easy transaction.
There are a number of ways you can invest in Russell Investments ETFs:
- Contact your financial adviser
- Contact your full service broker
- Open an account with a non-advisory or online broker
Administration of ETF unitholdings
Your ETF holdings are administered by a Registrar which manages the registry of unit holders, distributions, taxation information and investor communication. We have appointed Computershare Investor Services Pty Limited (Computershare) as the Registrar for Russell Investments ETFs.
Soon after investing in an ETF, it is important that you provide the following information to Computershare:
- Your Tax File Number (TFN) or Australian Business Number (ABN)
- Australian bank account details to receive distribution payments. Distributions are not able to be paid until appropriate banking details are received.
- Instructions regarding re-investment of distributions. Full and partial re-investment options are available if required.
After your initial investment, this information can be provided by visiting Computershare's website and registering for online access at www.computershare.com.au/investor or calling 1800 775 383.
Keeping track of your ETF investment
Russell Investments publishes certain data on its website regarding each ETF; including the daily NAV, total net assets and underlying holdings information. This information can be found on the 'Fund Overview' page for each of our ETFs.
For those with access to other data services such as Bloomberg or IRESS, further ETF characteristics and information can be found.