We started launching funds in 1980 to help investors who lack the scale or resources to implement their own investment decisions cost-effectively. Today, our approach gives investors unparalleled access to a wide array of regional, global and niche products across asset classes in multiple ways.
1. Pooled funds
The benefits of multi-asset investing
By investing in multi-asset funds, which combine multiple managers from multiple asset classes, you get the benefit of:
- Cost-effective diversification: Access to an extensive array of return sources otherwise impossible to achieve for all but the largest investors.
- Holistic and dynamic management: The portfolio manager makes tactical shifts between asset classes and introduces new ones when appropriate. This delegation helps you to stay focused on the overall picture and not the minutia.
- Simple administration: You no longer have to contract with multiple managers or invest in multiple funds across multiple assets classes in these easy-to-administer funds, leading to reduced legal costs and time efficiencies.
The benefits of multi-manager investing
Many of our funds combine multiple specialist managers with complementary skill sets, which provide the following additional benefits:
- More consistent returns: Combining managers who search for returns in different parts of the market results in more diversified and reliable sources of long-term returns.
- Reduced risk: Diversifying manager risk benchmark-relative performance and allows you to pursue more aggressive managers with a higher expected return for a given level of risk.
- Extra sources of return: We incorporate market valuation views into our portfolio construction decisions, so you can benefit from short-term market opportunities as an additional potential source of return.
2. Bespoke segregated mandates
Even large, sophisticated institutional investors with ample access to internal resources, expertise and experience may find a particular area of their portfolio challenging as they focus on strategic issues and other parts of their portfolio. We can partner with your internal investment teams to work on a particular asset class or group of assets to increase your ability to achieve your investment objectives.
Working with Russell Investments, you benefit from:
- Additional resource: for example you can leave day-to-day contract negotiation, portfolio monitoring and operational due diligence on multiple managers to us. You also get access to our portfolio managers whose full-time role is to dynamically manage a portfolio through market cycles.
- Complementary specialist services: including specialist agency FX execution services, derivative overlays and transition management.
- Additional investment insights: such as providing Russell Investments' views on the wider market environment and investment opportunities.
Any opinion expressed is that of Russell Investments, is not a statement of fact, is subject to change and does not constitute investment advice.
The information on this website is only intended for use by professional clients, regulated financial advisers and intermediaries who are knowledgeable and experienced in the financial services market and in investment products of this nature. If you are a retail or individual investor then please leave this website immediately and consult your financial adviser.
You should not use this website unless you understand its nature and the extent of your exposure to risk. You should also be satisfied that the website and investments are suitable for your client in light of their circumstances and financial position.
The information contained on this website is for information purposes only and you should not take it as constituting an offer, solicitation, inducement, commitment or invitation to subscribe for or to purchase, sell or hold any interest in any of the investments mentioned herein.
This website is not intended for distribution or use by anyone in any jurisdiction in which such distribution or use would be prohibited. Nothing on this website or in the materials referred to therein constitutes, or is intended to constitute, financial, tax, legal or other advice.
The value of investments, and the income from them, can go down as well as up and you may get back less than the amount invested. Any past performance figures are not necessarily a guide to future performance.
The website may contain forward-looking statements, which are based on a number of assumptions regarding present and future business strategies, which may or may not prove to be correct. By their nature, forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties because they relate to events and depend on circumstances that may or may not occur in the future. Forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future performance.
Issued by Russell Investments Limited. Company No. 02086230 and Russell Investments Implementation Services Limited Company No. 3049880. Registered in England and Wales with registered office at: Rex House, 10 Regent Street, London SW1Y 4PE. Telephone +44 (0)20 7024 6000. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, 12 Endeavour Square, London E20 1JN.
All reasonable care has been taken by us to ensure that the information contained on this website is accurate at the time of publication. However, we accept no responsibility for the accuracy, adequacy or completeness of the information and materials contained on this website and expressly disclaim liability for errors or omissions in such information and materials. We and our respective affiliates do not have any obligation to update the information contained in this website and reserve the right to change these terms and conditions at any time, without notice.
We will not regard you or any person who accesses this website as our client in relation to any of the investment products or services detailed therein, unless expressly agreed.