Making responsible investment a priority
Russell Investments recognises the importance of environmental, social and corporate governance (ESG) issues and factors within investment. They not only affect our clients' investments and financial security. They affect our business and communities in which we live and work. To reinforce our commitment to these issues, we are a signatory of the Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI).
Supporting the PRILaunched in 2006, the PRI are voluntary global best practices that support and challenge investors to embrace ESG issues when they invest. Russell Investments aims to achieve each of the PRI's six principles:
- Incorporating ESG issues in investment analysis and decision-making processes.
- Actively owning and incorporating ESG issues in our ownership policies and practices.
- Seeking appropriate disclosure on ESG issues from the entities we invest in.
- Promoting acceptance and implementation of the principles within the investment industry.
- Working together to enhance our effectiveness in implementing the principles.
- Reporting on our activities and progress towards implementing the principles.
Putting our principles in place
To support our commitment to the PRI and our wider sustainability efforts, we established the Russell Sustainability Council (RSC). The RSC focuses on these four activities:
- Sustainable business practices: ensuring our business practices, and those of our partners, reflect robust sustainability principles.
- Enhancing our products and services: introducing and refining products and services to integrate ESG issues in our investment processes.
- Thought leadership on sustainability in investments: using our leading position to promote sustainable investment and encourage firms to adopt responsible practices.
- Encouraging associates: publicizing and supporting internal activities that encourage associates to adopt sustainable and responsible work practices.
The information on this website is only intended for use by professional clients, regulated financial advisers and intermediaries who are knowledgeable and experienced in the financial services market and in investment products of this nature. If you are a retail or individual investor then please leave this website immediately and consult your financial adviser.
You should not use this website unless you understand its nature and the extent of your exposure to risk. You should also be satisfied that the website and investments are suitable for your client in light of their circumstances and financial position.
The information contained on this website is for information purposes only and you should not take it as constituting an offer, solicitation, inducement, commitment or invitation to subscribe for or to purchase, sell or hold any interest in any of the investments mentioned herein.
This website is not intended for distribution or use by anyone in any jurisdiction in which such distribution or use would be prohibited. Nothing on this website or in the materials referred to therein constitutes, or is intended to constitute, financial, tax, legal or other advice.
The value of investments, and the income from them, can go down as well as up and you may get back less than the amount invested. Any past performance figures are not necessarily a guide to future performance.
The website may contain forward-looking statements, which are based on a number of assumptions regarding present and future business strategies, which may or may not prove to be correct. By their nature, forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties because they relate to events and depend on circumstances that may or may not occur in the future. Forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future performance.
Issued by Russell Investments Limited. Company No. 02086230 and Russell Investments Implementation Services Limited Company No. 3049880. Registered in England and Wales with registered office at: Rex House, 10 Regent Street, London SW1Y 4PE. Telephone +44 (0)20 7024 6000. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, 12 Endeavour Square, London E20 1JN.
All reasonable care has been taken by us to ensure that the information contained on this website is accurate at the time of publication. However, we accept no responsibility for the accuracy, adequacy or completeness of the information and materials contained on this website and expressly disclaim liability for errors or omissions in such information and materials. We and our respective affiliates do not have any obligation to update the information contained in this website and reserve the right to change these terms and conditions at any time, without notice.
We will not regard you or any person who accesses this website as our client in relation to any of the investment products or services detailed therein, unless expressly agreed.