Unconstrained Bond Fund
Flexible bond market exposure with credit risk and drawdown mitigation.
Why unconstrained investing?
Unconstrained bond investing strategies offer investors full-spectrum access to the bond market (without having to rely on a benchmark) and use diversification to mitigate drawdowns. They are well positioned to protect funding levels or to complement existing Multi-Asset Credit and Multi-Asset Growth allocations.
Why Russell Investments?
The Fund invests primarily in short-dated BB-rated 1-5 year credit holdings to generate yield. Our approach diversifies widely across non-correlated assets and strategies, using flexibility to enhance returns by rotating into non-core credit and other markets, as and when opportunities arise.
The core yield engine
- Our capital markets research has found that short duration, high quality High Yield offers particularly attractive risk-adjusted returns
- This segment of the market has mostly offered positive returns on a yearly basis
- We add into the Fund’s asset mix alpha strategies and factor strategies that have particularly strong diversifying properties to contain downside risk
- In several cases we have custom-designed these strategies for enhanced diversification.
- We include opportunistic investments in sectors or strategies which offer particularly attractive risk and return characteristics
- These improve our ability to achieve our return target and add extra diversification
Dynamic cash management
- We recognise that the market does not always offer good investment opportunities all the time
- We dynamically manage the cash allocation within the Fund
Request a meeting
If you would like to discuss anything further or to arrange a meeting, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Any opinion expressed is that of Russell Investments, is not a statement of fact, is subject to change and does not constitute investment advice.
The value of investments and the income from them can fall as well as rise and is not guaranteed. You may not get back the amount originally invested. Any forecast, projection or target is indicative only and not guaranteed in any way. Any past performance figures are not necessarily a guide to future performance.
Any forecast, projection or target is indicative only and not guaranteed in any way.
Some investments/bonds may not be liquid and therefore may not be sold instantly. If these investments must be sold on short notice, you might suffer a loss