We receive many awards, but the greatest recognition is a satisfied client.
Awards and recognition
When you invest, it's good to know that you're among the best. Russell Investments has been globally recognised for excellence in the investment industry.
Morningstar 2021 Fund Manager of Year: Fixed Interest
Morningstar Awards 2021©. Morningstar, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Awarded to Russell Investment Group Limited for Fund Manager of the Year, Fixed Interest, New Zealand
Russell Investments was named the winner of “OCIO of the Year” at the 2020 Pension Bridge Institutional Asset Management Awards for providing exceptional OCIO services to our valued clients.
Our model portfolios are recognized as a leader in the field. Cerulli Associates has ranked Russell Investments as the #1 asset manager model provider based on total assets.1
In 34 out of 38 most recent quarters, Russell Investments Implementation Services, LLC has been ranked as a top-tier broker in Pensions & Investments’ Tradewatch report based on the quality of its trade execution (most recently in P&I’s March 2021 issue).2
For the tenth year in a row, Russell Investments was globally ranked among leading institutional outsourcing managers based on outsourced assets under management from 65 firms in the June 2020 Pensions & Investments' "Outsourcing Manager Survey."
For the 12th year in a row, Russell Investments was ranked as one of the top 10 largest consultants. Ranking is based on worldwide institutional assets under advisement (AUA) by the 2020 Pensions & Investments“Special Report: Investment Consultants”.
For the ninth year in a row, Russell Investments was ranked as a top global manager of institutional outsourced assets in CIO Magazine’s “Outsourced-Chief Investments Officer Survey,” based on the AUM from its fully discretionary clients. In 2020, CIO Magazine’s “Outsourced Chief Investment Officer Survey” included 50 firms.
Russell Investments was named the winner of the “Currency Manager of the Year” at the 2019 European Pensions Awards. Chosen among 12 finalists in this category, Pensions Age and European Pensions cited Russell Investments’ “excellent commitment to improving outcomes for both its clients and the wider industry, with its unrivalled ability to manage currency risk, as well as reducing execution cost.”
Russell Investments was recognised as the "Fiduciary Management Firm of the Year" at the 2018 Pensions Age Awards in the UK. Russell Investments was singled out by Pensions Age magazine's independent panel of judges as a "truly worthy winner of this competitive award."
Russell Investments was named as the winner of CIO Magazine's 2017 Industry Innovation Award for Investment Outsourcing. CIO cited Russell Investments' top client satisfaction rankings in the magazine's 2016 and 2017 OCIO Vendor Ratings surveys, as well as the firm's position as one of the world' largest OCIO providers.3
Russell Investments received an A+ rating in the 2017 assessment from the United Nations-supported Principles for Responsible Investing (PRI) for the eight categories on which the firm reports data.
For the sixth year in a row Russell Investments was chosen as Money magazine’s 2019 Best of the Best Gold winner in the Multi-Sector Fund category
Pensions Age and European Pensions cited Russell Investments’ understanding of clients’ needs and the firm’s demonstrated performance and innovation.
Russell iQ Super – Employer, General and Saver awarded '5 Apples' by Chant West.4
Russell iQ Retirement™ 10 has been awarded chant west's highest rating of '5 apples' every year since its inception in 2007.4,5
Russell Investments is the winner of the Multi Asset – Diversified Fund Manager of the year 2018 awarded at the Professional Planner / Zenith Fund Awards.6
Learn more about our Multi-asset capabilities
1. Based on total assets. Model providers surveyed during 4Q 2019 were asked to provide estimated asset levels in models for accounts into which they had visibility. Source: Exhibit 3.02 Top-25 Asset Manager and Third-Party Strategist Providers of Asset Allocation Model Portfolios, The Cerulli Report - U.S. Asset Allocation Model Portfolios 2020.
2. Rankings are based on best-performing brokers as measured by the difference in cost/savings against the universe of Elkins/McSherry, a State Street company. The Elkins/McSherry universe is based on the top 50 brokers in each category by U.S. dollar volume. This is a quarterly ranking based on the previous four-quarters as of December 31, 2020.
3. The CIO Industry Innovation Awards have various categories; recipients may differ each year and not be repeated.
4. For further information about the methodology used by Chant West, see www.chantwest.com.au
5. Prior to 2015 this product was known as Russell Private Active Pension.
6. The Professional Planner | Zenith Fund Awards are determined using proprietary methodologies. Fund Awards were issued October 5, 2018 and are solely statements of opinion and do not represent recommendations to purchase, hold or sell any securities or make any other investment decisions. Fund Awards are current for 12 months from the date awarded and are subject to change at any time. Fund Awards for previous years are referenced for historical purposes only.