February 8, 2023
Zach Buchwald to lead Russell Investments as Chief Executive Officer and Chairman
Leveraging significant leadership experience in asset management, Buchwald, former head of BlackRock's North America institutional business, will focus on driving the global investment solutions firm's next phase of growth
August 4, 2022
Russell Investments announces CEO transition process
- Michelle Seitz to step down by year end, concluding successful five-year tenure
- Global CIO Kate El-Hillow appointed Co-President alongside Kevin Klingert
- Russell Investments is pleased to announce that Brett Moffat, CFA, CAIA, has joined the firm as an Investment Consultant.
- Kate El-Hillow has joined as Global Chief Investment Officer and Kevin Klingert has been hired as President
Russell Investments Enters Strategic Partnership with Hamilton Lane to Accelerate Private Markets Capabilities
- Partnership will deliver innovative investment solutions across asset class spectrum for Russell Investments’ clients
- Hamilton Lane takes a US$90 million stake in Russell Investments
September 24, 2020
David Kandziora joins Russell Investments as Senior Investment Consultant
- Firm adds senior investment professional to New Zealand consulting team.
- UN-supported Principles for Responsible Investment also rates the firm high in all assessed categories
- UN-supported Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI) assesses signatories annually, offering a median score of "C" in seven categories where Russell Investments received an A
February 20, 2018
Russell Investments unveils more meaningful ESG scoring
- New fund reduces exposure to climate change risk, while maintaining global equity returns.
- Enhanced ‘green energy ratio’ methodology helps assure desired investment in ‘green’ energy.
- Expensive equities remain a key concern
- Conditions for government bonds favour rising yields
- Asia-Pacific: Developing economies lead amid positive momentum in the region
September 5, 2017
Michelle Seitz named Chief Executive Officer of Russell Investments
Leveraging her 30 years of experience in asset management, Seitz will lead the next growth phase of the global multi-asset firm.
March 30, 2017
Russell Investments’ 2017 Global Market Outlook – Q2 Update
- Equity markets look deeply overbought with the U.S. most vulnerable
- Asia-Pacific economies motoring on, despite global headwinds
December 7, 2016
Russell Investments’ 2017 Global Market Outlook
- Two additional U.S. federal funds rate hikes forecast for next year
- New Zealand expected to deliver solid growth in 2017; China turning upward
December 6, 2016
Russell Investments signs landmark agreement with China AMC
- Chinese asset management industry sees growth trajectory, including multi-asset solutions
- New regulations allow creation of fund-of-funds solutions as more investors seek global solutions
- U.S. recession risk edges higher, but remains modest
- Asia-Pacific markets on track to end 2016 with creditable performances
- Market pullbacks may provide investment opportunities
September 08, 2016
Russell Investments analyses KiwiSaver's impact on NZ equities
- New research paper shows scheme's success triggers investment capacity issues
- Spurts of volatility may present buying opportunities in global equities
- Only one U.S. federal funds rate hike expected in 2016 - if at all
- London Stock Exchange Group plc (“LSEG”) today announces that it has agreed the proposed sale of Frank Russell Company’s asset management business (“Russell Investments”) to TA Associates for gross proceeds of US$1,150 million (£752 million1) in cash, subject to customary closing adjustments and regulatory and other required approvals.
- Continue high conviction overweight to eurozone; modest underweight to US equities.
- China experiencing a meaningful deceleration but ultimately a soft landing
Declining energy prices amplify divergence of central banks
- Preference shifts toward Europe and Japan over US markets
- Asia-Pacific strategist sees Europe as destination of choice for investments
- Strategists ‘cautiously optimistic’ on global (and New Zealand) economic growth
- Team sees Asia-Pacific shares performing in line with other major regions