Meeting client expectations
We believe in improving financial security for people. We believe that the best way to achieve this is for investors to take a total portfolio approach. We call this multi-asset investing.
Multi-asset investing is the process of gaining exposure to a globally diverse mix of asset classes and styles in one investment portfolio. This approach increases the probability of meeting your investment goals.
Our approach to multi-asset investing
We believe robust multi-asset portfolios should invest across many dimensions, including return source, risk exposure, investment style and investment horizon. We also believe these investments should be dynamic and flexible, responding to the ever-changing market conditions, but also responding to your evolving needs.
Find out more about multi-asset investing
Balancing risks and returns
We focus on the total portfolio, working to ensure that it represents the best available risk and return trade-offs. Assessing and managing total portfolio exposures involves a combination of principles, evolving market insights and portfolio views. This assessment and management combines long-term views on return sources and current market dynamics.
Russell Investments' multi-asset products
- Multi-Asset Growth Strategies (MAGS) – to capture multiple returns sources, MAGS invests in a diverse range of asset classes and strategies. On top of traditional asset classes like equities and bonds, the fund exploits carefully selected liquid alternative strategies. These include real assets, specifically commodities, listed property and infrastructure, absolute return products, and active currency strategies.
- Defensive Growth – invests across a range of lower-risk asset classes. Diversification across defensive assets means moderate additional risk can be taken within certain sectors such as corporate bonds to enhance returns – without compromising the overall portfolio's stability and efficiency.
- Real Assets –aims to provide exposure to a diversified portfolio of asset classes that are directly or indirectly linked to physical assets, or assets we believe have a tendency to maintain their real value over time (after inflation). Through its well balanced and complementary spread of investments, the portfolio has a higher expected return and risk than that of bonds or cash, but lower than equities.
- Income – combines income from different sources to generate above-average, high-quality income, while seeking to preserve and grow capital. We look to source income from multiple geographies, asset classes and sectors.
- Alpha and Absolute Return Equity – these funds combine our multi-style investment approach with a portable alpha strategy. They isolate and deliver manager excess return versus a benchmark (alpha) from the best strategy sources we can find, while removing equity risk (beta).
Any opinion expressed is that of Russell Investments, is not a statement of fact, is subject to change and does not constitute investment advice.
The value of investments and the income from them can fall as well as rise and is not guaranteed. You may not get back the amount originally invested.
The information on this website is only intended for use by professional clients, regulated financial advisers and intermediaries who are knowledgeable and experienced in the financial services market and in investment products of this nature. If you are a retail or individual investor then please leave this website immediately and consult your financial adviser.
You should not use this website unless you understand its nature and the extent of your exposure to risk. You should also be satisfied that the website and investments are suitable for your client in light of their circumstances and financial position.
The information contained on this website is for information purposes only and you should not take it as constituting an offer, solicitation, inducement, commitment or invitation to subscribe for or to purchase, sell or hold any interest in any of the investments mentioned herein.
This website is not intended for distribution or use by anyone in any jurisdiction in which such distribution or use would be prohibited. Nothing on this website or in the materials referred to therein constitutes, or is intended to constitute, financial, tax, legal or other advice.
The value of investments, and the income from them, can go down as well as up and you may get back less than the amount invested. Any past performance figures are not necessarily a guide to future performance.
The website may contain forward-looking statements, which are based on a number of assumptions regarding present and future business strategies, which may or may not prove to be correct. By their nature, forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties because they relate to events and depend on circumstances that may or may not occur in the future. Forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future performance.
The content of this website has been approved and is published by Russell Investments Limited. Company No. 02086230 and Russell Implementation Services Limited. Company No. 3049880.Registered in England and Wales with registered office at: Rex House, 10 Regent Street, London SW1Y 4PE. Telephone +44 (0)20 7024 6000. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, 25 The North Colonnade, Canary Wharf, London E14 5HS.
All reasonable care has been taken by us to ensure that the information contained on this website is accurate at the time of publication. However, we accept no responsibility for the accuracy, adequacy or completeness of the information and materials contained on this website and expressly disclaim liability for errors or omissions in such information and materials. We and our respective affiliates do not have any obligation to update the information contained in this website and reserve the right to change these terms and conditions at any time, without notice.
We will not regard you or any person who accesses this website as our client in relation to any of the investment products or services detailed therein, unless expressly agreed.