Everyday, we seek to improve financial security for people. Russell Investments' people and values are the foundation of our company and the reason for our long-term success.
We put people first.
We behave with non-negotiable integrity.
- We aspire to a higher set of values than required by law.
- We prove ourselves worthy of our clients’ trust through our everyday actions and how we behave when no one is watching.
- "Why" and "How" are sacred words to us. Our motives and our actions matter.
- We take calculated risks, but never with our integrity.
- We understand the million little decisions we make daily define our culture and sets the trajectory of our firm.
- We quickly translate mistakes into valuable lessons. We communicate them, take responsibility for them, analyze them, share them, and vow never to repeat them.
- We delegate authority, but never responsibility.
- We are fierce, but fair, competitors. Our ethics stay intact irrespective of the situation or the behavior of others.
We value our people and are dedicated to fostering a meritocracy. Our pillars are inclusivity, humanity, fairness, hard work, creativity, teamwork, fun, and humility.
- We seek out opinions and views that differ from our own, embracing diversity of thought which inspires better solutions for our clients.
- We encourage debate and open communication. Our leaders expect constructive feedback and actively promote an idea meritocracy.
- We face facts, knowing our future is only as strong as our willingness to confront our current reality.
- We strive to be one of the best companies to work for.
- We have a performance culture focused on measurable and sustainable results.
- We know that who we hire is who we become. We will fearlessly and aggressively hire people who will make us better.
- We embrace a growth mindset. When our people grow, our clients grow, and our firm grows. We are vested in supporting each other to reach our highest potential.
- We care about each other’s well-being and value each other as individuals irrespective of roles or titles.
- We give people the respect they deserve by giving them timely, candid feedback directly. We do not shy away from difficult conversations, but give feedback in the spirit of building someone up rather than tearing them down.
- We understand people bond with people. We recognize when phone calls are better than emails, and face to face is better than phone calls.
We play to win by exceeding client expectations and executing with a sense of urgency and purpose.
- We are action oriented. We identify problems and take ownership—“I’m not required to, I’m not paid to, It’s not my job to…” are not in our vocabulary.
- We put our clients’ interests first—then our firm, our team, and ourselves.
- We viciously prioritize our energy and time to focus on driving sustainable value to our clients and sustainable growth for our firm.
- We are fanatical about each client. We put forth the time and effort to understand them. We listen to them, care about them as individuals, work to identify their needs before they do, know that execution supersedes intention, and strive to become their irreplaceable strategic advisors.
- We harness our global reach and capabilities to benefit our clients, knowing our impact is greater as a global firm than a collection of local offices.
- We are stewards of our clients’ fees. We will not waste money or time on things that don’t translate into client impact and success.
We are passionate investors who embrace intellectual curiosity and rigor.
- We examine and question with vigilance. We have independence of thought and clarity of purpose.
- We embrace problem solving and innovation to succeed in an investment landscape of increasing complexity, sophistication and precision.
- We stay true to our investing compass. We are disciplined and process-oriented, understanding we must deviate from consensus to add value.
- We focus on the total portfolio wherever possible to best solve our client’s problems.
- We embrace an open architecture approach, seeking the best capabilities possible.
- We believe that informed diversification is the closest thing to a free lunch, reducing risk while allowing strong returns to be preserved.
- We do not closet index. We ensure there is real value for clients in any diversification we seek.
- We have understandable quantitative models and a structured process to keep us grounded, avoiding the fear and greed which undermines even the best investors.