Multifactor International Equity Fund
Seeking excess returns and risk management in a cost-effective way.
Seeks to provide long-term capital growth
- The Fund uses a dynamic multifactor investing approach designed to seek excess returns and risk management in a cost-effective way.
- Invests principally in equity securities, including common stocks issued by companies economically tied to or located in developed market countries, other than the U.S. The Fund may invest a portion of its assets in equity securities of companies that are economically tied to emerging market countries.
- Multiple factors: Provides access to equity factors (rules-based exposures, e.g. Value, Momentum, Quality or Low Volatility) that Russell Investments believes will outperform the broad market over the long run. Combining multiple factors in a single portfolio may help provide more consistent performance over time, especially given that when one factor is underperforming, another factor may be outperforming.
- Thoughtful portfolio construction: Rather than simply equally weighting each factor, Russell Investments thoughtfully constructs the Fund’s strategic factor weights based on its research of each factor’s behavior under different economic regimes.
- Dynamic active management: The Fund’s portfolio managers actively adjust individual factor weights, based on Russell Investments’ manager research insights and strategists’ capital market views on the business cycle, valuations and market sentiment. They take ownership of total portfolio exposures and manage overlap, diversification, risk levels and seek to add value by responding to evolving market opportunities and risks.
Growth of hypothetical $10,000 (since inception) - Class S
As of 02/29/2020
|7/31/2014 12:00:00 AM||10000|
|8/31/2014 12:00:00 AM||9980|
|9/30/2014 12:00:00 AM||9570|
|10/31/2014 12:00:00 AM||9420|
|11/30/2014 12:00:00 AM||9520|
|12/31/2014 12:00:00 AM||9161.326|
|1/31/2015 12:00:00 AM||9201.596|
|2/28/2015 12:00:00 AM||9745.235|
|3/31/2015 12:00:00 AM||9594.224|
|4/30/2015 12:00:00 AM||9996.92|
|5/31/2015 12:00:00 AM||9926.448|
|6/30/2015 12:00:00 AM||9634.493|
|7/31/2015 12:00:00 AM||9735.167|
|8/31/2015 12:00:00 AM||9050.585|
|9/30/2015 12:00:00 AM||8647.889|
|10/31/2015 12:00:00 AM||9181.461|
|11/30/2015 12:00:00 AM||9090.854|
|12/31/2015 12:00:00 AM||8873.732|
|1/31/2016 12:00:00 AM||8325.588|
|2/29/2016 12:00:00 AM||8056.687|
|3/31/2016 12:00:00 AM||8615.173|
|4/30/2016 12:00:00 AM||8842.705|
|5/31/2016 12:00:00 AM||8811.678|
|6/30/2016 12:00:00 AM||8522.092|
|7/31/2016 12:00:00 AM||8853.047|
|8/31/2016 12:00:00 AM||8894.417|
|9/30/2016 12:00:00 AM||9018.525|
|10/31/2016 12:00:00 AM||8873.732|
|11/30/2016 12:00:00 AM||8759.966|
|12/31/2016 12:00:00 AM||9000.015|
|1/31/2017 12:00:00 AM||9296.138|
|2/28/2017 12:00:00 AM||9359.593|
|3/31/2017 12:00:00 AM||9623.988|
|4/30/2017 12:00:00 AM||9835.504|
|5/31/2017 12:00:00 AM||10142.203|
|6/30/2017 12:00:00 AM||10195.082|
|7/31/2017 12:00:00 AM||10522.932|
|8/31/2017 12:00:00 AM||10533.508|
|9/30/2017 12:00:00 AM||10819.055|
|10/31/2017 12:00:00 AM||10977.692|
|11/30/2017 12:00:00 AM||11041.147|
|12/31/2017 12:00:00 AM||11235.055|
|1/31/2018 12:00:00 AM||11831.51|
|2/28/2018 12:00:00 AM||11235.055|
|3/31/2018 12:00:00 AM||11148.297|
|4/30/2018 12:00:00 AM||11332.656|
|5/31/2018 12:00:00 AM||11061.54|
|6/30/2018 12:00:00 AM||10855.492|
|7/31/2018 12:00:00 AM||11126.608|
|8/31/2018 12:00:00 AM||10844.647|
|9/30/2018 12:00:00 AM||10974.783|
|10/31/2018 12:00:00 AM||10096.367|
|11/30/2018 12:00:00 AM||10074.677|
|12/31/2018 12:00:00 AM||9543.629|
|1/31/2019 12:00:00 AM||10238.118|
|2/28/2019 12:00:00 AM||10417.342|
|3/31/2019 12:00:00 AM||10406.14|
|4/30/2019 12:00:00 AM||10686.176|
|5/31/2019 12:00:00 AM||10081.298|
|6/30/2019 12:00:00 AM||10630.169|
|7/31/2019 12:00:00 AM||10350.133|
|8/31/2019 12:00:00 AM||10081.298|
|9/30/2019 12:00:00 AM||10506.953|
|10/31/2019 12:00:00 AM||10876.601|
|11/30/2019 12:00:00 AM||10977.414|
|12/31/2019 12:00:00 AM||11315.537|
|1/31/2020 12:00:00 AM||10953.907|
|2/29/2020 12:00:00 AM||10078.994|
|Ex-Date||Income Dividend||Capital Gains - Short Term||Capital Gains - Long Term|
Performance information is historical and does not guarantee future results. Investment return and principal value will fluctuate so that redeemed shares may be worth more or less than their original cost. Current performance may be lower or higher than the performance data quoted. Current to the most recent month-end performance for Russell Investment Company mutual funds is available by visiting: https://russellinvestments.com/us/funds/performance-prices
Holdings, sector weights, and quality ratings (where applicable) are share class agnostic.
Top 10 Holdings✝
As of 02/29/2020
|Roche Holding AG||1.25%|
|Novartis International AG||1.11%|
|Toyota Motor Corporation||1.05%|
|HSBC Holdings PLC||0.92%|
|Royal Dutch Shell PLC (CL B)||0.81%|
|British American Tobacco plc||0.66%|
|Alibaba Group Holding Ltd. Sponsored ADR||0.66%|
As of 02/29/2020
|Materials and Processing||9.81%|
As of 02/29/2020
†The top ten holdings list excludes shares of the investment vehicles in which the Fund invests its cash. The % of Portfolio value is subject to change.
*Sector weight totals may exceed or fall below 100% due to rounding.
Fund objectives, risks, charges and expenses should be carefully considered before investing. A summary prospectus, if available, or a prospectus containing this and other important information can be obtained by calling 800-787-7354 or by visiting the prospectus and reports page to download one. Please read the prospectus carefully before investing.
Please remember that all investments carry some level of risk, including the potential loss of principal invested. They do not typically grow at an even rate of return and may experience negative growth. As with any type of portfolio structuring, attempting to reduce risk and increase return could, at certain times, unintentionally reduce returns.
Diversification and multi-asset solutions do not assure a profit and do not protect against loss in declining markets.
Securities products and services offered through Russell Investments Financial Services, LLC, member FINRA, part of Russell Investments.
For information on the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority, go to www.finra.org.