Multi-Asset Growth Strategy Fund
Seeking equity-like returns with lower volatility in today’s market environment.
Seeks to provide long term total return with lower volatility than equity markets.
- The Fund will globally invest in equities, real assets, and fixed income. Allocations to the ‘things in between’ these asset classes—such as bank loans, high yield debt, emerging market local and hard currency debt, mortgage-backed securities, and other alternative strategies—will play a prominent role to help the Fund meet its investment objective.
- The Russell Investments Portfolio Managers can manage a portfolio of physical securities (stocks or bonds) or implement derivative-based strategies such as options, currency forwards, and futures to help eliminate unintended risks and gain concentrated exposures when desired.
- The Fund’s target strategic asset allocation is approximately 40-60% global equity-related instruments and 40-60% global fixed income-related instruments.
- The Fund seeks to take advantage of every source of return and limit the frequency and severity of portfolio declines in an effort to offer investors the best probability of reaching their long-term wealth goals.
- The Russell Investments Portfolio Managers seek to invest in asset classes when they believe they are at attractive valuations and swap out ones that they believe have run their course.
- Russell Investments casts a wide net to identify skilled, active money managers who specialize in each asset class that is represented in the Fund. This is complemented by Russell Investments’ own investment strategies to seek to effectively manage the total portfolio in today’s market environment.
- The Russell Investments Portfolio Managers monitor the underlying positions and risk exposures daily, and can shift asset class allocations (up to 25%) in response to market – and valuation – changes and opportunities.
- The Fund can be used on its own or incorporated into a well-diversified portfolio.
Growth of hypothetical $10,000 (since inception) - Class S
As of 04/30/2020
|3/7/2017 12:00:00 AM||10000|
|3/31/2017 12:00:00 AM||10080|
|4/30/2017 12:00:00 AM||10201.82|
|5/31/2017 12:00:00 AM||10311.839|
|6/30/2017 12:00:00 AM||10321.841|
|7/31/2017 12:00:00 AM||10421.859|
|8/31/2017 12:00:00 AM||10471.868|
|9/30/2017 12:00:00 AM||10491.871|
|10/31/2017 12:00:00 AM||10592.546|
|11/30/2017 12:00:00 AM||10632.631|
|12/31/2017 12:00:00 AM||10639.434|
|1/31/2018 12:00:00 AM||10862.356|
|2/28/2018 12:00:00 AM||10659.7|
|3/31/2018 12:00:00 AM||10679.965|
|4/30/2018 12:00:00 AM||10791.851|
|5/31/2018 12:00:00 AM||10700.308|
|6/30/2018 12:00:00 AM||10659.623|
|7/31/2018 12:00:00 AM||10698.701|
|8/31/2018 12:00:00 AM||10637.449|
|9/30/2018 12:00:00 AM||10617.032|
|10/31/2018 12:00:00 AM||10302.551|
|11/30/2018 12:00:00 AM||10323.053|
|12/31/2018 12:00:00 AM||10116.482|
|1/31/2019 12:00:00 AM||10562.645|
|2/28/2019 12:00:00 AM||10707.907|
|3/31/2019 12:00:00 AM||10770.162|
|4/30/2019 12:00:00 AM||10924.652|
|5/31/2019 12:00:00 AM||10570.901|
|6/30/2019 12:00:00 AM||10872.629|
|7/31/2019 12:00:00 AM||10823.55|
|8/31/2019 12:00:00 AM||10739.97|
|9/30/2019 12:00:00 AM||10771.312|
|10/31/2019 12:00:00 AM||10813.171|
|11/30/2019 12:00:00 AM||10886.588|
|12/31/2019 12:00:00 AM||11049.708|
|1/31/2020 12:00:00 AM||10867.334|
|2/29/2020 12:00:00 AM||10513.314|
|3/31/2020 12:00:00 AM||9193.786|
|4/30/2020 12:00:00 AM||9900.164|
|Ex-Date||Income Dividend||Capital Gains - Short Term||Capital Gains - Long Term|
Performance information is historical and does not guarantee future results. Investment return and principal value will fluctuate so that redeemed shares may be worth more or less than their original cost. Current performance may be lower or higher than the performance data quoted. Current to the most recent month-end performance for Russell Investment Company mutual funds is available by visiting: https://russellinvestments.com/us/funds/performance-prices
Holdings, sector weights, and quality ratings (where applicable) are share class agnostic.
Top 10 Holdings✝
As of 04/30/2020
|Fannie Mae 4.000% 1-Dec-2099||4.17%|
|Cayman Multi-Asset Growth Strategy Fund, Ltd.||2.85%|
|Fannie Mae 4.000% 1-Dec-2099||1.80%|
|O-I Glass, Inc.||0.99%|
|DXC TECHNOLOGY CO||0.93%|
|G4S PLC 6.500% 30-Jul-2037||0.91%|
|Primo Water Corp.||0.88%|
|NAME||% OF TOTAL MARKET VALUE|
|Materials and Processing||11.19|
|NAME||% OF TOTAL MARKET VALUE|
|Country of risk % NAV||Fund||Benchmark||Active|
|Currency exposure (%)||Fund||Benchmark||Active|
|South African Rand||0.75||0.00||0.75|
†The top ten holdings list excludes shares of the investment vehicles in which the Fund invests its cash. The % of Portfolio value is subject to change.
✻Sector allocations and credit quality exposures may not equal 100 percent as a result of the fund's use of certain financial instruments such as futures, forwards, options, swaps and when issued transactions or forward commitments. Managers utilize these instruments as a substitute for holding securities directly, for hedging purposes, to take a net short position in certain markets or to adjust the interest rate sensitivity and duration of the portfolio. In the event short positions are created, they may be reflected as negative weightings in sector allocations and credit quality exposures.
**Country of Risk is determined by Russell Investments and is intended to represent the country specific risk of the issuers in which the Fund invests.This determination may be based upon several factors, including the country of an issuer's incorporation, where an issuer's revenues are generated and where an issuer's production and/or employees are located.
§ Currency exposure represents the percentage of the Fund's net asset value denominated in each respective currency. Positive values represent net long positions and negative values represent net short positions.
Fund objectives, risks, charges and expenses should be carefully considered before investing. A summary prospectus, if available, or a prospectus containing this and other important information can be obtained by calling 800-787-7354 or by visiting the prospectus and reports page to download one. Please read the prospectus carefully before investing.
Please remember that all investments carry some level of risk, including the potential loss of principal invested. They do not typically grow at an even rate of return and may experience negative growth. As with any type of portfolio structuring, attempting to reduce risk and increase return could, at certain times, unintentionally reduce returns.
Diversification and multi-asset solutions do not assure a profit and do not protect against loss in declining markets.
Securities products and services offered through Russell Investments Financial Services, LLC, member FINRA, part of Russell Investments.
For information on the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority, go to www.finra.org.