Multi-Asset Growth Strategy Fund
Seeking equity-like returns with lower volatility in today’s market environment.
Seeks to provide long term total return with lower volatility than equity markets.
Effective September 15th, 2017, Class T Shares were redesignated as Class M Shares.
- The Fund will globally invest in equities, real assets, and fixed income. Allocations to the ‘things in between’ these asset classes—such as bank loans, high yield debt, emerging market local and hard currency debt, mortgage-backed securities, and other alternative strategies—will play a prominent role to help the Fund meet its investment objective.
- The Russell Investments Portfolio Managers can manage a portfolio of physical securities (stocks or bonds) or implement derivative-based strategies such as options, currency forwards, and futures to help eliminate unintended risks and gain concentrated exposures when desired.
- The Fund’s target strategic asset allocation is approximately 40-60% global equity-related instruments and 40-60% global fixed income-related instruments.
- The Fund seeks to take advantage of every source of return and limit the frequency and severity of portfolio declines in an effort to offer investors the best probability of reaching their long-term wealth goals.
- The Russell Investments Portfolio Managers seek to invest in asset classes when they believe they are at attractive valuations and swap out ones that they believe have run their course.
- Russell Investments casts a wide net to identify skilled, active money managers who specialize in each asset class that is represented in the Fund. This is complemented by Russell Investments’ own investment strategies to seek to effectively manage the total portfolio in today’s market environment.
- The Russell Investments Portfolio Managers monitor the underlying positions and risk exposures daily, and can shift asset class allocations (up to 25%) in response to market – and valuation – changes and opportunities.
- The Fund can be used on its own or incorporated into a well-diversified portfolio.
Growth of hypothetical $10,000 (since inception) - Class S
As of 12/31/2018
|3/7/2017 12:00:00 AM||10000|
|3/31/2017 12:00:00 AM||10080|
|4/30/2017 12:00:00 AM||10201.82|
|5/31/2017 12:00:00 AM||10311.839|
|6/30/2017 12:00:00 AM||10321.841|
|7/31/2017 12:00:00 AM||10421.859|
|8/31/2017 12:00:00 AM||10471.868|
|9/30/2017 12:00:00 AM||10491.871|
|10/31/2017 12:00:00 AM||10592.546|
|11/30/2017 12:00:00 AM||10632.631|
|12/31/2017 12:00:00 AM||10639.434|
|1/31/2018 12:00:00 AM||10862.356|
|2/28/2018 12:00:00 AM||10659.7|
|3/31/2018 12:00:00 AM||10679.965|
|4/30/2018 12:00:00 AM||10791.851|
|5/31/2018 12:00:00 AM||10700.308|
|6/30/2018 12:00:00 AM||10659.623|
|7/31/2018 12:00:00 AM||10698.701|
|8/31/2018 12:00:00 AM||10637.449|
|9/30/2018 12:00:00 AM||10617.032|
|10/31/2018 12:00:00 AM||10302.551|
|11/30/2018 12:00:00 AM||10323.053|
|12/31/2018 12:00:00 AM||10116.482|
|Ex-Date||Income Dividend||Capital Gains - Short Term||Capital Gains - Long Term|
Holdings, sector weights, and quality ratings (where applicable) are share class agnostic.
Top 10 Holdings✝
As of 12/31/2018
|Fannie Mae 4.000% 1-Dec-2099||5.80%|
|Fannie Mae 3.500% 1-Dec-2099||4.22%|
|Cayman Multi-Asset Growth Strategy Fund, Ltd.||4.09%|
|Alibaba Group Holding Ltd. Sponsored ADR||0.62%|
|PayPal Holdings Inc||0.60%|
|NAME||% OF TOTAL MARKET VALUE|
|Materials and Processing
|NAME||% OF TOTAL MARKET VALUE|
|U.S. Treasuries/Government Bond||2.3%|
|Non U.S. Bonds & International Debt||6.0%|
|Country of risk % NAV||Fund||Benchmark||Active|
|Currency exposure (%)||Fund||Benchmark||Active|
|Hong Kong Dollar||4.66||0.00||4.66|
|South Korean Won||1.93||0.00||1.93|
|South African Rand||1.32||0.00||1.32|
This is a new fund. All quarterly and monthly data above will be posted as soon as it becomes available.
†The top ten holdings list excludes shares of the investment vehicles in which the Fund invests its cash. The % of Portfolio value is subject to change.
✻Sector allocations and credit quality exposures may not equal 100 percent as a result of the fund's use of certain financial instruments such as futures, forwards, options, swaps and when issued transactions or forward commitments. Managers utilize these instruments as a substitute for holding securities directly, for hedging purposes, to take a net short position in certain markets or to adjust the interest rate sensitivity and duration of the portfolio. In the event short positions are created, they may be reflected as negative weightings in sector allocations and credit quality exposures.
ƩThe sum of the debt instrument quality ratings is based upon the Barclays index methodology, which reflects the ratings of S&P and Moody's such that if both S&P and Moody's rate an instrument, the lower of the two ratings is used, and if only one rates the instrument, that rating is used. If the debt instrument has not been rated by any of these two ratings agencies, the security is classified as "Unrated."
§ Currency exposure represents the percentage of the Fund's net asset value denominated in each respective currency. Positive values represent net long positions and negative values represent net short positions.
Fund objectives, risks, charges and expenses should be carefully considered before investing. A summary prospectus, if available, or a prospectus containing this and other important information can be obtained by calling 800-787-7354 or by visiting the prospectus and reports page to download one. Please read the prospectus carefully before investing.
Please remember that all investments carry some level of risk, including the potential loss of principal invested. They do not typically grow at an even rate of return and may experience negative growth. As with any type of portfolio structuring, attempting to reduce risk and increase return could, at certain times, unintentionally reduce returns.
Diversification and multi-asset solutions do not assure a profit and do not protect against loss in declining markets.
Securities products and services offered through Russell Investments Financial Services, LLC, member FINRA, part of Russell Investments.
For information on the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority, go to www.finra.org.