The concept of pension risk transfer for defined benefit (DB) plans has flourished since 2012. Increased balance sheet volatility, favorable lump sum interest rate rules, a desire to reduce expenses—all have contributed to plan sponsors’ interest in risk transfer options.
This toolkit is designed to help plan sponsors address important questions about pension risk transfer, including:
- What options are available to sponsors?
- How quickly should a plan expect to move to termination?
- What additional analysis may be needed for annuity buyouts?
- What are the primary considerations for evaluating a hibernation strategy?
- Should plans consider a dynamic approach to asset allocation?
- What are the different valuation methods of pension liabilities?
- How should plan termination affect funding and investment strategies?
Included in this toolkit:
- Risk transfer options for defined benefit plan sponsors
- A guide to pension plan hibernation
- Look before you leap into annuity buyouts
- Hibernation vs. termination: Evaluating the choice of a frozen pension plan
- Liability-responsive asset allocation
- A comparison of various measures of pension liabilities
- Funding and investment strategy for DB plan terminations
- The Frozen Plan handbook
Request yours today by completing our online form