Investing in real assets
If you're thinking about investing in real assets, it's essential to access global opportunities. Our manager research is constantly evaluating managers worldwide.
Why invest in real assets?
By investing in real assets, you can potentially:
- Broaden your portfolio diversification,
- Increase your potential to achieve a consistent real return that keeps pace with inflation, and
- Enhance potential long-term returns by taking advantage of global trends.
Why choose Russell Investments for real assets?
Our approach to real asset investing can be tailored to your organization's needs. We manage over $12 billion in real asset investments¹ for clients around the world.
- Flexibility, including packaged real asset solutions and/or tailored investment offerings
- Rigorous global real asset manager research and ongoing due diligence
- Multi-asset and multi-manager portfolio construction, incorporating risk management and manager diversification for investors
- Access to an investment process that adapts to changing market conditions
- An investment team of over 20 professionals with in-depth knowledge of the real assets
We provide efficient real asset solutions for:Defined contribution plans
Real asset investing may not be suitable for all investors. You should consider whether or not you can tolerate the unique risks of investing in real assets, such as; infrastructure-related companies have greater exposure to adverse economic, financial, regulatory, and political risks, including, governmental regulations, declines in the value of real estate, exposure to the commodities markets may subject the investment to greater volatility than investments in traditional securities, particularly if the investments involve leverage.
Please remember that all investments carry some level of risk, including the potential loss of principal invested. They do not typically grow at an even rate of return and may experience negative growth. As with any type of portfolio structuring, attempting to reduce risk and increase return could, at certain times, unintentionally reduce returns.
Diversification and multi-asset solutions do not assure a profit and do not protect against loss in declining markets.