Reliable ground-breaking institutional investment research to increase your understanding
We provide quality information on assorted topics, including asset allocation strategies, investment policies, investment outsourcing, investment insights, regulatory updates, responsible investing, and more.
NON-PROFIT CASE STUDIES
A few real-world results our non-profit clients have achieved through partnering with us.
University foundation reduced carbon exposure in its portfolio by 50%, increased holdings in green energy, and aligned portfolio return goals with sustainable investing strategies
A public university foundation has an endowment of over $100 million in assets. The endowment is intended to support the university in perpetuity through contributions to student scholarships, academic programs, and faculty projects. The Foundation staff and investment committee desired two major changes to the investment program. 1. Work with an OCIO provider to enhance investment solution and free up staff resources. 2. Shift investment portfolio towards responsible investing goals without sacrificing financial returns.
Community foundation is better serving the needs of their community after optimizing donor funding, gift processing, and gaining administrative task support
The donor-funded foundation had over 300 separate funds, which translated into a variety of differing spending timelines, investment-style preferences and liquidity needs among donors. The organization wanted to provide donors with the opportunity to direct how their funds were invested. In addition, the foundation wanted to alleviate the administrative burden placed on its staff members overseeing the funds, freeing up more time for them to focus on activities core to the organization's mission. See how we helped the organization better serve the needs of their community.
Non-profit with multiple sub-accounts seeks customized administrative solution
A membership based non-profit association that provides voluntary professional services to a 400,000 strong member base. The association has over 35 investment sub-accounts, each with its own account setup, asset allocation, reporting and monitoring requirements. The association was keen to work with an investment provider who could help them better manage their investment program across the multiple sub-accounts as well as reduce their administrative burden so their staff could focus on mission driven activities.
Foundation aligned investment program with mission and reduced costs through ESG beta completion portfolio
A donor-funded foundation managing over $4 billion teamed up with Russell Investments to help better meet its investment objectives through a three-pronged solution. This approach helped the foundation address the multiple challenges it was facing.
Case studies are problem-solving stories. We select a situation that is indicative of problems clients in this category are facing. The recommendations described do not represent a standard strategy or set of recommendations made for all advisory clients with similar issues. Each client has unique requirements, challenges, and constraints, and our advisory solutions are tailored to each client’s specific needs.
Learn more through our latest comprehensive topical research
- The 2021 re-evaluation list for non-profits and healthcare
- Best practices in non-profit portfolio design
- Elements of a clearly defined investment policy statement for non-profits
- Best practices for preparing your IRS Form 990
- Non-profit spending policy options
- How non-profits can improve upon the endowment model—and make it work for them
- Investment committee meetings: How do yours measure up?
- Mid-year check-in for key investment issues for non-profit fiduciaries to consider in 2022
- Key investment issues for non-profit fiduciaries to consider in 2022
- Secondary to none? Potential benefits of the private equity secondaries market
- Drivers of investment management success for non-profit organizations
- 3 reasons why we believe private markets are an attractive alternative
- 6 key reasons to consider listed infrastructure in a multi-asset portfolio
- Private market strategies, part 1: More than meets the eye?
RECENT BLOG POSTS
Hear from our experts on the issues our clients care about most
We'd love to talk.
Please reach out to me directly with this form.
Samantha Foster, CQF
Non-Profit OCIO Solutions
* Asterisks indicate required fields.
If you're ready to take the next step, we're here to help.
Build an RFP
Selecting an investment provider can be complicated. Our "build your own" request for proposal (RFP) tool can help.