By reducing costs to deliver better performance outcomes, portfolio emulation is a key innovation for active institutional investing. The emulation strategy is designed to deliver improved investment performance, but also provides investors with more control over the implementation process while reducing many of the burdens of the standard discretionary account structure.
This paper discusses the key benefits of portfolio emulation and includes case studies that demonstrate our experience and track record. Additionally, we answer the following questions:
- How are emulation strategies evaluated?
- Who manages the relationships with the various investment managers?
- What’s the cost of an emulation program?
- Why should investors consider adopting the emulation strategies?
- Why consider portfolio emulation now?