Meeting client expectations
We believe in improving financial security for people. We believe that the best way to achieve this is for investors to take a total portfolio approach. We call this multi-asset investing.
Multi-asset investing is the process of gaining exposure to a globally diverse mix of asset classes and styles in one investment portfolio. This approach increases the probability of meeting your investment goals.
Our approach to multi-asset investing
We believe robust multi-asset portfolios should invest across many dimensions, including return source, risk exposure, investment style and investment horizon. We also believe these investments should be dynamic and flexible, responding to the ever-changing market conditions, but also responding to your evolving needs.
Balancing risks and returns
We focus on the total portfolio, working to ensure that it represents the best available risk and return trade-offs. Assessing and managing total portfolio exposures involves a combination of principles, evolving market insights and portfolio views. This assessment and management combines long-term views on return sources and current market dynamics.
Russell Investments' multi-asset products
- Multi-Asset Growth Strategies (MAGS) – to capture multiple returns sources, MAGS invests in a diverse range of asset classes and strategies. On top of traditional asset classes like equities and bonds, the fund exploits carefully selected liquid alternative strategies. These include real assets, specifically commodities, listed property and infrastructure, absolute return products, and active currency strategies.
- Graduated risk multi-asset fund family - To provide investors with a convenient way to access our multi-asset expertise, Russell Investments has created a family of risk graduated multi-asset funds. The funds combine our multi-asset growth strategies together with an exposure to defensive assets, predominantly bonds. The Russell Investments Multi-Asset 35, 60, 70 and 90 Funds combine defensive and multi-asset growth investments in increasing proportions, with, for instance, the Multi-Asset 90 Fund comprising 90% growth assets and 10% defensive assets. The Russell Investments Global Defensive Fund comprises exclusively defensive assets and is designed to complete the fund family as the lowest risk option.
- Defensive Growth – invests across a range of lower-risk asset classes. Diversification across defensive assets means moderate additional risk can be taken within certain sectors such as corporate bonds to enhance returns – without compromising the overall portfolio's stability and efficiency.
- Real Assets –aims to provide exposure to a diversified portfolio of asset classes that are directly or indirectly linked to physical assets, or assets we believe have a tendency to maintain their real value over time (after inflation). Through its well balanced and complementary spread of investments, the portfolio has a higher expected return and risk than that of bonds or cash, but lower than equities.
- Income – combines income from different sources to generate above-average, high-quality income, while seeking to preserve and grow capital. We look to source income from multiple geographies, asset classes and sectors.
- Alpha and Absolute Return Equity – these funds combine our multi-style investment approach with a portable alpha strategy. They isolate and deliver manager excess return versus a benchmark (alpha) from the best strategy sources we can find, while removing equity risk (beta).
Any opinion expressed is that of Russell Investments, is not a statement of fact, is subject to change and does not constitute investment advice.
The value of investments and the income from them can fall as well as rise and is not guaranteed. You may not get back the amount originally invested.
Please refer to the prospectus of the relevant [UCITS or AIF or EuSEF or EuVECA] and/or Information document of the relevant [AIF/EuSEF/EuVECA], and (where relevant) to the [KIID/KID] before making any final investment decisions.