Asset overlays are now an established feature of many institutional investment programs. However, they are evolving and being used in new ways. There are different applications available, depending on plans and plan size.
We sat down with Tom Fletcher to see how they’ve evolved, in which he answered the following five questions:
- How is the use of overlays evolving?
- What are some cutting-edge, expanded overlay uses of the past few years?
- What are clients talking about?
- Does global post-crisis derivatives regulation complicate the overlays, and does an overlay still make sense for clients?
- How have new regulations impacted broker business models, and why does it matter?