The Russell Investments Global Infrastructure Pool is designed to provide investors with an opportunity to diversify their portfolios by investing primarily through exposure to equity and fixed-income securities by companies that are involved in, or indirectly benefit from, the development, maintenance, servicing or management of infrastructures.
With developed and developing countries around the world in need of modernized and expanded infrastructure to support their growing economies and populations, upgrading the world's infrastructure will likely be a dominant global theme over the next few years.
- Diversification. Tangible, long-lived assets with the potential for steady cash flow streams, which could provide investors with an additional means to diversify their portfolios.
- Possible hedge against inflation. Infrastructure companies typically have pricing power - meaning they are able to pass on higher costs to consumers by raising fees on assets, such as toll roads or airport parking. As a result, regulators typically limit the revenue growth from these assets to the rate of inflation, providing a potential for inflation hedging.
- Income generation. Infrastructure investments typically feature steady cash flows derived from tangible, long-life assets with monopoly-like pricing power; many are regulated and may feature income linked directly to inflation.
- Global, multi-manager approach. Sub-advised by three experienced infrastructure sub-advisers in this asset category. Each sub-adviser takes an active management investment approach with a 'pure-play' bias - meaning they select companies with assets that tend to be monopolistic, highly regulated, long-lived, with steady cash flows. In addition, the sub-advisers in the Russell Investments Global Infrastructure Pool strive to invest in what they believe to be the best opportunities, no matter where in the world they are located.
- Long-term return potential. Infrastructure assets offer potential for attractive, stable, long-term returns given that their earnings are often regulated, predictable, and largely resistant to economic downturns.
- Potential risks: Infrastructure-related companies could be affected by rising costs associated with more onerous environmental and other regulations, difficulty in raising adequate capital, the effects of surplus capacity, potential competition from other providers, changes in fuel costs and supply, new energy conservation policies, government regulation of rates charged to customers, and the risks of an accident or terrorist act.
Inception Date: January 31, 2013
As of 11/30/2020
|Total Assets (All Series)||$0.00 million|
|Net Asset Value (Series F)||$13.36|
Growth of $10,000 (Since Inception) Series F¹
As of 12/31/2020
¹Compound growth calculations are used only for the purpose of illustrating the effects of compound growth and are not intended to reflect future value of any mutual fund or returns on investment in any mutual fund.
Series F is a wrap or fee-for-service program and as such, the performance shown does not include the advisory fee paid by the investor to the dealer that would have reduced returns. Other series of units of the fund are subject to higher management fees and/or expenses which result in lower returns for those series than cited above. Annual returns are calendar year returns for the last ten years or since inception if the Fund has less than ten years of history. Performance is annualized except for periods of less than one year.
Top 10 Holdings*
As of 11/30/2020
|NextEra Energy, Inc.||5.20%|
|Transurban Group (ADR)||5.17%|
|Aena SME SA||4.71%|
|TC Energy Corp||2.60%|
|Dominion Energy, Inc.||2.49%|
*A portion of the cash held in this fund is securitized. The listing of holdings provides information on a fund's investments as of the date indicated and may differ from its annual financial statements.
As of 12/31/2019
|Cohen & Steers Capital Management, Inc.||19||#66aadd||Market-oriented|
|First Sentier Investors (Australia) IM Ltd.||38||#5c5c5c||Growth at a reasonable price|
|Nuveen Asset Management LLC.||38||#005596||Relative value|
|Russell Investments||5||#dd6600||Positioning strategies|
As of 10/31/2020
|Series B||Low Load||FRC 068||CAD|
|Series B||Front Load||FRC 096||CAD|
|Series F||No Load||FRC 108||CAD|
|Series O||No Load||FRC 110||CAD|