Managing exposures knowledge exchange
Your portfolio is exposed to risk. What do you do?
Where do you turn for strategies to mitigate risk and position portfolios for growth?
Manage exposures & mitigate risk
We work with clients to tackle these issues every day - helping organisations achieve their investment objectives and providing tools to buffer portfolios from market challenges. Here, our specialists share their insights on current challenges as well as ideas on the approaches that could support portfolios for whatever lies ahead.
Cross-currency basis swaps are a useful instrument for investors to manage their portfolios’s currency risk.
When we implement changes in our portfolios, the real-time risk happens in minutes. What happens in those minutes can have lasting effects on performance.
- Q3 2023: Real-time risk exposure report
- When it comes to portfolio transitions minutes mater
- Best practices for fixed income restructures: evaluating four portfolio transition strategies
- The great resignation: has it increased the risk that comes from portfolio Manager exists
- Stuck between a rock and a hard place? How interim transition management can help
Trading & execution
What was the reason for higher-than-normal volatility in trading volumes across equities, fixed income, foreign exchange and derivatives?
- Is your FX impacted with the equity settlement shift to T+1?
- Quarterly trading report – Q2 2023: A tale of two different responses to debt ceiling saga
- Are investors paying too much for FX trading? Streamlining trading practices for price enhancement
- RECORDING: Managing FX Currency risk
- The right stuff – how to find the right (outsourced) trading partner
The third quarter saw an end to the strong run in equity markets, with markets posting their first negative quarter in 12 months on concerns over the longevity of the higher interest rate environment.
- RESEARCH: Precisely align your portfolio with your strategic beliefs
- Selecting good managers is hard. Managing portfolios of good managers is even harder: completion portfolios can help
- Factor investing and U.S. recessions: How have key equity factors performed on a historical basis?
- Repurposing a passive allocation with a completion portfolio
Investors who hold cash tactically benefit from high short-term rates, but they also face reinvestment risk when the U.S. Federal Reserve lowers rates.
CUSTOMISED PORTFOLIO SOLUTIONS
Gain greater portfolio control, limit costs, reduce risk, and enhance returns
Investment teams are facing significant pressure – a squeeze on fee budgets, scrutiny of governance approaches, and challenging late-cycle market conditions – all driving an increased demand for nimble processes and a need to reach further globally to access new sources of return.
Combine your internal resources with our global capabilities. Designed to support in-house investment teams, we have a suite of services that can be customised in combination or delivered as discreet solutions to help you tackle your investment challenges.
Take a look into our capabilities and see how we can help you.
We'd love to connect.
We work tirelessly to help solve challenges our clients face.
If you have a comment, a question, or need help buffering your portfolios from risk, we invite you to contact us.
* = Required fields